SOURCE: Pacific Standard
by David M. Perry
A major study led by a lifelong Republican finds no evidence that professors are deliberately giving conservative students bad grades.
SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer
by Anita Bernstein
Our freedom to say what we want is not only tolerated but celebrated.
SOURCE: Chronicle of Higher Education
by Sam Fallon
When academic self-regard becomes an intellectual style.
SOURCE: The Chronicle of Higher Education
by Cal Newport
It used to simplify crucial tasks. Now it's strangling scholars' ability to think.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- Richard and the Revolutionaries: Why did Lefties Love Wagner?
- Trump Alleges ‘Left-Wing Indoctrination’ in Schools, Says He will Create National Commission to Push More ‘Pro-American’ History
- Black Leaders Launch ‘1776 Unites’ High School Curriculum
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97