SOURCE: The Third Narrative Blog
The prevailing notion that Jews are basically followers of a religion does not adequately define most Jews, who are either not religious or only marginally so.
by Ed Simon
The House Un-American Activities Committee and the real intent of Trump's "free speech" executive order.
SOURCE: Sandbox (blog)
by Martin Kramer
"Trump’s limited executive order doesn’t resemble the sweeping Jewish ban that changed the career of Bernard Lewis.”
by Bob Buzzanco
Not since I had to remember and recite “The New Colossus” in elementary school have I seen so many references to Emma Lazarus’s poem on the Statue of Liberty as in the past week.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
On the similarities between the Trump / Bannon inaugural speech and Fascist ideology.
by David J. Bier
Congress long ago outlawed discrimination based on national origin.
The petition criticizes the executive order restricting immigration from select Muslim countries.
by Benjamin Hellwege
Older Americans are facing rampant job discrimination. The law enacted in 1967 to protect them has been weakened by the Supreme Court. Congress won’t act. Obama should.
- The Quiet 2013 Lunch That Could Have Altered Supreme Court History
- It’s Not Anti-Catholic to Ask Amy Coney Barrett About Her Religious Group “People of Praise”
- The Incredible Influence of James A. Baker III
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Star, and His Fans, Are Taking Indigenous Studies
- Amy Coney Barrett and the Triumph of Phyllis Schlafly
- Re-Watching ‘The Civil War’ During the Breonna Taylor and George Floyd Protests
- Why New Mexico’s 1680 Pueblo Revolt Is Echoing in 2020 Protests
- The Problem of Confederate Statues on U.S. Public Lands
- Alonso Perales May be the Most Important Mexican American Civil Rights Figure that No One Knows
- The Red Scare and Women in Government