SOURCE: The Third Narrative Blog
The prevailing notion that Jews are basically followers of a religion does not adequately define most Jews, who are either not religious or only marginally so.
by Ed Simon
The House Un-American Activities Committee and the real intent of Trump's "free speech" executive order.
SOURCE: Sandbox (blog)
by Martin Kramer
"Trump’s limited executive order doesn’t resemble the sweeping Jewish ban that changed the career of Bernard Lewis.”
by Bob Buzzanco
Not since I had to remember and recite “The New Colossus” in elementary school have I seen so many references to Emma Lazarus’s poem on the Statue of Liberty as in the past week.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
On the similarities between the Trump / Bannon inaugural speech and Fascist ideology.
by David J. Bier
Congress long ago outlawed discrimination based on national origin.
The petition criticizes the executive order restricting immigration from select Muslim countries.
by Benjamin Hellwege
Older Americans are facing rampant job discrimination. The law enacted in 1967 to protect them has been weakened by the Supreme Court. Congress won’t act. Obama should.
- Do American Indians Celebrate the 4th of July?
- Trump Vows To Veto Defense Bill If It Removes Confederate Names From Military Bases
- Fourth of July: Beer’s Patriotic Connection to the Founding Fathers
- Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be Replaced With a New US National Anthem
- As Young People Drive Infection Spikes, College Faculty Members Fight For The Right To Teach Remotely
- ‘A Conflicted Cultural Force’: What It’s Like to Be Black in Publishing
- Did Rutgers Find The Perfect President For 2020? Meet Jonathan Holloway, Black Historian.
- In Search of King David’s Lost Empire
- Boston To Remove Statue Depicting Abraham Lincoln With Freed Black Man At His Feet
- Mount Rushmore Historian: Monument 'Is Like A Rorschach, It Says Different Things To Different People'