SOURCE: Diverse Education
“History, for me, is a way to talk not just about the past, but to use the past for inspiration, for information, for a lot of different things,” says Higginbotham.
SOURCE: Washington Post
Eugene Williams Sr., with support from his wife Mary Johnson, is trying to convince NBA teams and schools nationwide to play “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” at games or events during Black History Month.
by Erik Moshe
"We must be able to see and write about the humanity in both our heroes and villains."
SOURCE: Inside Higher ED
Howard University is investigating an alleged incident in which a white professor asked his class to engage in a mock slave auction.
SOURCE: The Hilltop
S. Omar Badsha speaks at the Howard African Studies Department's 60th anniversary about his historical work and the protests that inspired it.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87
- How Jewish History and the Holocaust Fueled Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Quest for Justice
- Princeton Admitted Past Racism. Now It Is Under Investigation.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97