SOURCE: NY Times
The fateful decision in 1979 to admit Mohammed Reza Pahlavi prompted the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran and helped doom the Carter presidency.
SOURCE: The National Interest
by Morgan Carlston
The CIA is often blamed for the August 1953 coup removing Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh from power. But a careful examination of older studies reveal that common conceptions of the events and chronology are flawed.
SOURCE: CBS News
August 20, 2013 12:15 PM EDT — For the first time, the CIA is acknowledging that it organized the overthrow of Iran's government in 1953. (CBS News) [CLICK LINK FOR VIDEO]
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- Richard and the Revolutionaries: Why did Lefties Love Wagner?
- Trump Alleges ‘Left-Wing Indoctrination’ in Schools, Says He will Create National Commission to Push More ‘Pro-American’ History
- Black Leaders Launch ‘1776 Unites’ High School Curriculum
- ‘Viking’ Was a Job Description, Not a Matter of Heredity, Massive Ancient DNA Study Shows
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97