SOURCE: National Interest
The landing boat made famous on the beaches of Normandy was rumored to have been designed for liquor smugglers during Prohibition.
SOURCE: New York Review of Books
A new book blames British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery's thirst for glory for Operation Market Garden, an ill-fated effort to drop airborne troops behind the Rhine River to accelerate the Allied invasion of Germany.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87
- How Jewish History and the Holocaust Fueled Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Quest for Justice
- Princeton Admitted Past Racism. Now It Is Under Investigation.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97