by Guy Lancaster
Donald Trump and his Republican Party are not afraid that Joe Biden’s election will destroy America. They’re afraid that it won’t.
SOURCE: Norfolk Virginian-Pilot
Edith White, World War II ‘Code Girl’ and Norfolk Academy Librarian who Fought Massive Resistance, Dies at 96
Edith White was part of a team of women who served the US Navy as codebreakers, and fought for democratic values like integrated schools after the war's end.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Kevin Carey
Charter schools and testing were supposed to right historic wrongs. Now they’ve run out of political steam. What happened?
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87
- How Jewish History and the Holocaust Fueled Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Quest for Justice
- Princeton Admitted Past Racism. Now It Is Under Investigation.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97