by Bruce Chadwick
Despite its drawbacks, Midway is a rip-roaring military saga and a testament to the men who won it.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
November 8, 2019
by Michael E. Ruane
Two sunken Japanese aircraft carriers were found weeks before the movie about the World War II battle opens
Advance intelligence helped the Allies turn the tables on Japan in this crucial World War II naval battle.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Supreme Court’s Feminist Icon, Is Dead at 87
- How Jewish History and the Holocaust Fueled Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Quest for Justice
- Princeton Admitted Past Racism. Now It Is Under Investigation.
- How Jimi Hendrix’s London Years Changed Music
- Presidential Campaigns are Almost Always about the Future. In 2020, the Candidates Cannot Stop Talking about the Past
- 52 Years Ago, Thelonious Monk Played a High School. Now Everyone Can Hear It.
- From MLK to Whistleblowers, the FBI’s Trouble with Dissidents
- If the Electoral College is a Racist Relic, Why has it Endured? (podcast)
- It’s the 100th Anniversary of the Wall Street Bombing
- Ed Bearss, Past Chief Historian Of National Park Service, Dies At 97