by Lawrence Weschler
The author pleads for the Lakota Sioux to authorize another giant bas-relief, featuring four leaders of right-wing politics, media and the courts with their heads in a pillory.
Mount Rushmore Historian: Monument 'Is Like A Rorschach, It Says Different Things To Different People'
In light of Trump's plans to hold a July 4th celebration at Mount Rushmore on Friday, historian John Taliaferro discusses the monument's complex legacy.
SOURCE: CBS News
by Chip Reid
Nick Clifford is the last survivor of the 400 men who carved the monument more than 70 years ago. Now, at 95, he’s a rock star.
- Washington History Seminar TODAY: Claudio Saunt's "Unworthy Republic"
- The Bonnie and Richard Reiss Graduate Institute for Constitutional History Seminar Spring 2021 Session (Virtual)
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat