Join Thousands of Other HNN Readers
And Sign-up for Our FREE Newsletter!
History News Network: Where teachers-in-the-know (and hundreds of thousands of others) go to find out the history behind the stories in the news. It's free. It's timely. It's credible.
Says Eric Foner: "I find the History News Network indispensable for keeping up with new publications and new interpretations, and keeping track of debates over history, in both its academic and public forms, throughout the world."
Join HNN's growing list of members! We receive more than 10 million hits a month.
To join HNN sign up for our free newsletter!
(We do not sell, loan, or share the email addresses of subscribers.)
- When did Vesuvius erupt?
- With a House Takeover, Democrats Could Get Trump’s Tax Returns
- Trump called Ulysses S. Grant an alcoholic. Here’s what historians say about that.
- Hailed as a Hero, Executed as a Spy, and Exonerated Decades Later
- Parasites from medieval latrines unlock secrets of human history
- Daniel Pipes has an answer to a question a Hungarian historian asked
- Anti-Semitism and the Birth of Jewish Studies
- Historian Christopher Browning on the Trump regime: We’re “close to the point of no return”
- Carol Anderson says voter suppression led to Trump's election
- Sean Wilentz says the Supreme Court’s legitimacy is now at stake