Institution: Organization of American Historians
The Organization of American Historians (located at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana), the largest professional association devoted to the teaching, research, and presentation of United States history, seeks a new Executive Director. The director oversees the administrative offices of the Organization and will work as an advocate for American history more broadly. The OAH claims over 7,000 members, a staff of fifteen, and an annual budget of more than two million dollars. The Annual Meeting of the Organization is the largest and most diverse gathering of his ...
Posted Jun 14th 2019
- America's M4 Sherman Tank: World War II Wonder Weapon or Blunder Weapon?
- President Trump Invoked Executive Privilege. Here's the History of That Presidential Power
- How the world's monarchs are adapting to modern times
- World War II Planes Can Still Fly, but Who Will Keep Them Flying?
- How World War II Almost Broke American Politics
- Researchers Uncover Ancient Grape DNA That Tells the Prolific History of Wine
- Three Recent Books Examine Frederick Douglass' Legacy
- Biographer Jon Meacham, Tim McGraw explore American history in song
- The 'Counter-Textbooks' Offering Kids a Radical Look at History
- Georgia history professor’s immigration comments cause stir on social media