What’s the Cure for Ailing Nations? More Kings and Queens, Monarchists SayBreaking News
From the comfort of his country estate in Oxford, a distant relative of the Russian literary giant Tolstoy says he has the perfect solution for what ails the United States.
America, he declares, needs a monarchy.
In fact, Count Nikolai Tolstoy says, more kings, queens and all the frippery that royalty brings would be not just a salve for a superpower in political turmoil, but also a stabilizing force for the world at large.
comments powered by Disqus
- Democrats Introduce Legislation to Strike Slavery Exception in 13th Amendment
- How the 1968 Presidential Transition Compares to Today’s
- The Legacy Of Tunney Lee: Preserving The History Of Boston's Chinatown
- Campaigners Launch Legal Challenge Over Stonehenge Road Tunnel
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The Ghosts of Segregation
- Social Media 'Misinformation' Endangers Democracy, Historians Say
- The Ugliest Presidential Election in History: Fraud, Voter Intimidation and a Backroom Deal
- Do Daniel Patrick Moynihan's Issues with his Father Help Explain Mass Incarceration?
- Race, Violence, and Resistance in Puerto Rico (Review)
- The Great Black Radical You've Never Heard Of